Green Garage Doors
What Makes These Doors Green?
What makes a garage door “green” varies per manufacturer but has these traits in common:
- A green door is long-lasting. Long-lasting products stay on your house and out of the landfill. They significantly reduce the impact of manufacturing and building on the environment, as well as fuel costs associated with distribution and general waste.
- Green doors are made of steel or fiberglass. No trees are cut down to make a green door.
- Green door manufacturers utilize recycled materials and are environmentally conscious in their manufacturing and distribution processes.
- Energy efficiency can be a big factor in assessing a green door.
- NOW, Green doors (i.e. aluminum, steel, and fiberglass) are JUST as attractive as wood. In fact, many people think Martin’s new aluminum doors are MORE beautiful than wood. Check out our photo gallery of green doors and/or visit our showroom. Click on the links below for more info on Green Doors.
Upon request, we will gladly furnish copies of LEED certificates for any of our green door models. LEED for homes is a rating system developed by the U.S. Green Building Council that “promotes the design and construction of high-performance green homes.